General Liability Insurance coverage helps protect your business from property damage claims, bodily injury claims, and/or personal and advertising injury claims that could put your business’s assets at risk. For example, General liability insurance helps protect you and your business in the event of the following:
- A customer slips and injures himself in your store. The injuries result in costly medical bills and maybe even a lawsuit.
- While on the job, you accidentally damage a customer’s property and the repairs are costly. Should a claim like one of these be made against your business, then your commercial general liability insurance policy may help pay for the damages.
What does Commercial General Liability Insurance cover?
- Bodily injury or property damage – Helps protect against certain claims alleging financial loss due to property damage or bodily injury arising out of your business operations or products.
- Reputational harm – Helps protect your business against certain claims of false arrest, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, wrongful eviction, violation of the right of privacy and more.
- Advertising errors – Helps protect your business against certain claims if others allege you infringed on their copyrights when advertising goods, products, or services in your advertisement.
- Medical payments – Helps protect against certain claims for medical costs if someone is injured on the business premises and needs medical treatment.
- Damage to premises rented to you – Helps protect your business against certain claims for damage to premises rented to you due to fire, lightning or explosion.