Inland Marine Insurance

  1.   Product & Services / Commercial Insurance / Inland Marine Insurance

Don't let the term "Inland Marine" confuse you. As opposed to "Marine Insurance", which covers products when transported over water, inland marine insurance covers products, materials and equipment when transported over land, such as truck or train, or while temporarily warehoused by a third party.

Collisions and cargo theft are the two most frequent causes of inland marine losses.

For many businesses, the property insurance provided by your Business Owners Policy (BOP) or Commercial Package Policy (CPP) may be sufficient. In general, these types of insurance cover property housed at a specific location, but tools and equipment that travel with employees to nearby job sites may also be covered.

However, if your business frequently ships products or equipment, you may want to consider purchasing inland marine insurance. This type of coverage is especially important if you ship high-value products or materials, which are often excluded from basic property coverage. Inland marine insurance can cover a wide range of specialty equipment and products, including:

When weighing the need for inland marine insurance, consider the nature of your business and operations. Inland marine insurance isn't just for companies that ship products to retailers and customers. For example, if you have a valuable tradeshow booth that is frequently shipped around the country and stored offsite by a vendor, you may want the protection provided by inland marine insurance. In addition, if someone else's property is temporarily in your possession, inland marine insurance can provide coverage against the loss of this property.

Lets start the conversation! Products & Services